What better way to celebrate World Arthritis Day than with an international conversation on #arthritisatwork! Join the Canadian Arthritis Patient Alliance (CAPA) and UK based patient advocate Simon Stones to talk about how you manage work and arthritis. As you may remember, CAPA launched a survey on arthritis in the workplace and developed workplace resources informed by the advice of 300 people living with arthritis. The Twitter Chat will be organized on this workplace wisdom from people living with arthritis:
• How do you advocate for yourself and others in the workplace?
• How have you adapted to working with arthritis?
• Do you have any examples of how to communicate with employers about your health and wellbeing needs?
• If you were to give one piece of advice on how to care for yourself while working, what would it be?
• What needs to be done to improve the experience for people with arthritis in the workplace?
Mark your calendar for October 12 at 1 p.m. Eastern Time and join this important conversation on #arthritisatwork!