Working with N2 members, N2 co-hosts regional meetings throughout the year for local members to network and hear about clinical research topics related to their institutions and regions. If you are interested in partnering with N2 to co-host an event, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our collaborators for the 2023 N2 Regional Meetings, Lawson Health Research Institute, Nova Scotia Health and the Atlantic Clinical Trials Networking (ACTN). We look forward to planning the 2024 N2 Regional meetings! Keep an eye out here for details for future meetings.
Previous N2 Regional Meetings
The 2023 N2 Atlantic Regional meeting was organized in collaboration with Nova Scotia Health and The Atlantic Clinical Trials Network (ACTN) and hosted in Halifax, Nova Scotia on November 27, 2023. The theme for the meeting was Enhancing the Efficiency of Multi-Site Trials in Canada. Topics included:
- Collaborating Across Jurisdictions
- Technology Transformations – Enabling Multi-Jurisdictional and Decentralized Trials
- Ethical Perspectives on Multi-Site Trials in Atlantic Canada
- Atlantic Investigators on Front-Line Perspectives Enablers and Barriers, a panel discussion
The 2023 N2 Eastern Regional meeting was organized in collaboration with Lawson Health Research Institute and hosted in London, Ontario on October 19, 2023. The theme for the meeting was Advancing Hospital Based Investigator Initiated Research. Topics included:
- Raising Paediatric Multi-centre Trial: Experiences and Challenges
- Asking the Regulator questions, an open discussion with Health Canada representatives
- An Overview of the Ontario Hospital Association’s (OHA’s) efforts in advancing hospital-based research in Ontario
- Strengthening the Health Research and Innovation Ecosystem in Canada
The 2022 N2 Western Regional meeting was organized in collaboration with Michael Smith Health Research BC. The event occurred on a virtual platform on November 27, 2022. Topics included regulatory influences, trends and predictions, embracing the future of clinical research, updates from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and a panel discussion about site inspection preparedness.
2019 N2 Western Regional Meeting
The 2019 N2 Western Regional meeting was on May 19, 2019, in Vancouver, BC. The event was organized in collaboration with The Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences (CHÉOS) and Clinical Trials BC. Presentations included N2 updates, E6 GCP (R2) updates, E17 Multi-regional Clinical Trials, Inspections in Canada, and Guide 100. Staff from the Office of Clinical Trials and National Compliance Program, Health Canada, provided practical tips on ensuring compliance.
The 2019 N2 Eastern Regional meeting was held in person in Hamilton, Ontario. The event was organized in collaboration with Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) and Hamilton Health Sciences. Topics included:
- How to Overcome Audit Phobia! 25 Years Journey to First Health Canada Audit
- ICH E17 Multi-Regional Clinical Trials: A Brief History of How and Why E17 was Developed
- E6 Good Clinical Practice (R2) Changes and Implementations
- Inspections in Canada: Examples of Common Deficiencies Noted during Clinical Trial Inspections in Canada