Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care, a specialized mental health hospital located on the shores of Georgian Bay in Penetanguishene ON, is formally affiliated with the University of Toronto, one of the top research universities in the world. Waypoint is committed to providing excellence in mental health care that is rooted in the best scientific evidence.
Driven by Waypoint Core Values of caring, respect, innovation and accountability, the Waypoint Research Institute contributes to the field of mental health by:
- Providing strategic leadership on research and academic issues
- Facilitating innovative science and high quality applied research that align with Waypoint priorities
- Fostering partnerships and research collaborations across Ontario, in Canada and internationally
- Prioritizing knowledge translation that improves mental health and addictions care
- Offering mentorship opportunities for students and trainees in a unique facility
The Institute has developed and maintains active collaborations, including Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences, The Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and St. Joseph’s Healthcare. The Institute also maintains formal academic research partnerships with the University of Toronto, McMaster University, York University, and Georgian College.