The N2 CTEA Committee is responsible for the development and execution of a national clinical trials education and awareness strategy. This education and awareness program is a comprehensive framework to increase the public’s knowledge and understanding about clinical trials and clinical research.
To date the Committee has accomplished the following:
- Development of a clinical trials education and awareness strategy;
- Partnerships with patients and caregivers to inform and advise on the development and creation of a website for the public about clinical trials;
- Award of a CIHR SPOR Patient Engagement Collaboration Grant to enhance activities with patients and caregivers and to develop tools about working with the public;
- Launch of a website for the public to educate them about clinical trials (www.itstartswithme.ca www.cacommenceavecmoi.ca ) that includes a video call to action hosted on the site and on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwrNR54_qQs , with and without subtitles), a pamphlet that is an introduction to clinical trials, and a PowerPoint presentation that provides an introduction to clinical trials (all resources are bilingual).
The strategic development and execution of a number of interconnected initiatives are underway:
- Continued maintenance of the www.itstartswithme.ca / www.cacommenceavecmoi.ca website;
- Continuing to build a culture of research, in part through awareness building for clinical trials and N2’s resources to help others create awareness of clinical trials;
- Securing additional resources to support the Committee’s efforts;
- Co-hosting events about clinical trials for the greater community (webinars and potentially in person events);
- Bringing together the Canadian clinical trials community to coordinate efforts with respect to clinical trials awareness and recruitment initiatives.
Click here for a list of all available resources for N2 members that have been created by this Committee.
Want more information?
If you have questions about this committee or if you would like to join, please contact us.