The N2 CTEA Committee is responsible for the development and execution of a national clinical trials education and awareness strategy. This education and awareness program is a comprehensive framework to increase the public’s knowledge and understanding about clinical trials and clinical research.
To date the Committee has accomplished the following:
- Development of a clinical trials education and awareness strategy;
- Partnerships with patients and caregivers to inform and advise on the development and creation of a website for the public about clinical trials;
- Award of a CIHR SPOR Patient Engagement Collaboration Grant to enhance activities with patients and caregivers and to develop tools about working with the public;
- Launch of a website for the public to educate them about clinical trials (www.itstartswithme.ca www.cacommenceavecmoi.ca ) that includes a video call to action hosted on the site and on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwrNR54_qQs , with and without subtitles), a pamphlet that is an introduction to clinical trials, and a PowerPoint presentation that provides an introduction to clinical trials (all resources are bilingual).
The strategic development and execution of a number of interconnected initiatives are underway:
- Continued maintenance of the www.itstartswithme.ca / www.cacommenceavecmoi.ca website;
- Continuing to build a culture of research, in part through awareness building for clinical trials and N2’s resources to help others create awareness of clinical trials;
- Securing additional resources to support the Committee’s efforts;
- Co-hosting events about clinical trials for the greater community (webinars and potentially in person events);
- Bringing together the Canadian clinical trials community to coordinate efforts with respect to clinical trials awareness and recruitment initiatives.